September 2019 – Current
- Pursuing an M.S. in Computer Science with a B.A. in Computer Science and Mathematics.
- CS 124 (Data Structures and Algorithms), Spring 2020 - Commendation for Extraordinary Teaching
- CS 182 (Artificial Intelligence), Fall 2020
- Selected coursework († indicates graduate-level):
- Computational Learning Theory† (CS 228)
- Programming Languages and AI† (CS 252r)
- Systems Security† (CS 263)
- Operating Systems (CS 161)
- Randomized Algorithms† (CS 223)
- Compilers (CS 153)
- Honors Abstract Algebra (Math 55a)
- Honors Real and Complex Analysis (Math 55b)
Software Engineering Intern at Scale AI
- Upcoming winter internship.
Architecture Intern at Nvidia
June 2020 – August 2020
- Implemented state-of-the-art deep learning models for semantic segmentation on street image datasets (Cityscapes, KITTI).
- Working with the Applied Deep Learning Research (ADLR) group to optimize and rewrite their research implementations of CV algorithms into efficient PyTorch code that can be evaluated in real time on edge devices, profiling with Nvidia’s TensorRT accelerator.
Research Assistant at Harvard Programming Languages Group
June 2020 – August 2020
- Working on a compiler for Formulog, a variant of Datalog that supports ML-like syntax extension and SMT queries.
- Generated highly parallel templatized C++17 code, used caching in B-Tree comparisons to speed up Datalog evaluation by 16x, and optimized existing OpenMP code using lockless data structures for an additional 4x speedup.
- Wrote a handwritten parser that is 30x faster than the ANTLR-generated LL(*) parser and uses 20x less memory (80 GB to 4 GB).
Undergraduate Researcher at Predictive Medicine Group
December 2019 – June 2020
- Conducted research in statistics & medical informatics advised by Ben Reis (Harvard Medical School), developing temporal models to identify patients at high risk of suicide based on medical histories obtained from Massachusetts General Hospital.
Coauthor at American Association of Physics Teachers
April 2018 – Current
- Co-wrote an upcoming physics book with Branislav Kisačanin, F=ma Contests: 2011-2019 Solutions Manual.
- Provided detailed solutions for nine years of past F=ma contests to encourage physics interest among high school students.
- Signed publishing contract with the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT), preprint available online.
Computer Science Instructor at AlphaStar Academy
December 2017 – April 2020
- Taught advanced algorithms and data structures (USACO Platinum) and AIME-level (national math competition) mathematics to talented high school students across the nation.
- Developed detailed lesson plans and recorded lectures for future summer programs and online courses.
Mathematics Researcher at PRIMES-USA
January 2018 – December 2018
- Conducted research in extremal and randomized combinatorics under the mentorship of Tanya Khovanova (MIT).
- Studied quasirandom permutations using flag algebras and semidefinite programming techniques.
- Presented at the PRIMES conference, won the Regeneron STS competition, and submitted to the Electronic Journal of Combinatorics.
- International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI): Gold Medalist (2018, 2019), 7th place globally
- Google Hash Code: World Finalist, 7th place team out of over 100,000 students and professionals
- Google Code Jam: Round 3 Finalist (2020), placed 34th globally
- Facebook Hacker Cup: Round 3 Finalist (2020)
- PicoCTF: Winner (2018), ranked 6th
- Mathematical Olympiad Program (MOP): Participant (2017), IMO team selection group (2017, 2018)
- USA Math Olympiad (USAMO): Honorable Mention (2017), top 24 in nation
- U.S. Physics Team: Invitee (2017, 2018, 2019)
- USA Physics Olympiad (USAPhO): Gold Medalist (2017, 2018, 2019)
- National YoungArts Foundation: Winner in Classical Music (2018, 2019)
- JDR Viola Competition: Grand prize winner, performed with a professional orchestra (2019)
- Texas All-State Symphony Orchestra: Principal Violist (2017), Co-Principal (2016, 2018)